A number of post-doctoral fellowships and post-graduate research bursaries in climate change are available at the University of Cape Town (UCT).
Climate change is a cross-university strategic priority area, with expertise situated over twenty departments and research centres, and coordinated by the African Climate and Development Initiative (ACDI – www.acdi.uct.ac.za). Areas of particular strength at UCT include (i) physical climate science, (ii) vulnerability, impacts and adaptation, and (iii) mitigation. The Climate System Analysis Group (CSAG – www.csag.uct.ac.za) is the lead centre at UCT for physical atmospheric climate science, climate scenarios and climate services. The Energy Research Centre (ERC - www.erc.uct.ac.za) is a multi-disciplinary centre, housed in the Faculty of Engineering and the Built Environment, which focuses on Energy Efficiency, Energy & Climate Change, and Energy Poverty & Development. Other centres and departments working on climate change can found listed at www.acdi.uct.ac.za.
Specific topics for these fellowships and bursaries are listed below.
1. Regional Climate Change and Variability in Africa
2. Climate Services/Information for Climate Adaptation, Risk Management and Policy
3. Climate Change Adaptation, with a focus on ecosystem-based and community-based adaptation approaches
4. Emerging Climate Risk, Thresholds and Agriculture in Africa
5. Climate Change and Bio-Economy
To apply please follow instructions in the further particulars, which can be found at: